Hashimoto’s is a progressive autoimmune condition and the Five stage of Hashimoto’s have been identified.
A person has the immune system imbalance that predisposes them to development of Autoimmune conditions, one of which is Hashimoto’s. For all intents and purposes they do not have thyroid disease or an autoimmune disease. Their thyroid function is normal and there is no attack on the thyroid.
- Women are more at risk for autoimmune conditions due the monthly fluctuations of their hormones.
- Women with severe morning sickness have an over active Th17 immune response.
- Women with “hip pain”, “sciatica” or “loose ligaments” during the last trimester have an overactive Th17 immune response causing bone marrow edema in the hip bones causing the aforementioned painful conditions.
- Women put on bed rest during the last trimester have an overactive Th17 immune response.
- Women that feel better during pregnancy are using their baby’s endocrine glands to support their NEI Supersystem deficiencies. The baby is born with over-worked, underdeveloped endocrine glands that will not be able to support them during adult life.
- Immune / inflammatory and hormone messengers cross the placenta, which the baby’s immune and endocrine system responds to. The baby is born with an overactive immune system and possible “forbidden” Cytokines are actively disrupting the child’s immune responses. These are the children born with allergic responses or incessant crying.
Other Non-thyroid Factors begin provoking immune responses towards the thyroid gland. Bacteria can translocate from the mouth to the thyroid. Lectin can damage TSH receptors. Damage occurs to the thyroid gland. The immune system moves into to clear the damaged tissue. Because the oral infection is never addressed and eating a diet of non-seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables is considered healthy. The Non-thyroid factors continue to damage the thyroid with the help of the immune cells. A person will have symptoms, but their TSH, T3 and T4 may be normal. But thyroid medication will be demanded and prescribed anyway. At this point the thyroid antibody test may reveal thyroid antibodies are now being produced.
The neuroendocrine transmitters may lose the ability to control the blood supply. The blood may be predominantly in the abdomen with very little hormone messengers making their way to the head for sampling by the Hypothalamus. This will cause altered feedback signals to the thyroid gland.
The thyroid gland loses its ability to compensate and thyroid hormone production starts to become affected. The lack of T3 and T4 making in the blood stream to the Hypothalamus for sampling will cause a mildly elevated TSH (between 2 – 10). The T3 and T4 will be normal as they are used up by the body, decreasing their available supply. This is often described as subclinical hypothyroidism. The five Non-Thyroid patterns (underconversion, overconversion, resistance, hormone binding elevation or HPT axis), 22 patterns of Neuroendocrine transmitters imbalance and the Non-Thyroid factors will never be considered or addressed. Thyroid hormones will be prescribed leading to further inability of the thyroid gland’s need to produce thyroid hormones.
Ignoring the Non-Thyroid Patterns while taking Thyroid Drugs
Thyroid gland failure occurs when the thyroid gland loses its ability to make thyroid hormones. The thyroid hormone drugs are recognized during hypothalamus sampling. As far as the hypothalamus which controls the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis is concerned, you have all the thyroid hormones you need and there is no need to signal the thyroid gland by producing Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). Thus, it is expected that TSH is low while taking thyroid medications. This makes it a failure to stimulate the production of thyroid hormone problem. If you do not use it, you lose it. Your body sees no need to support unused thyroid tissue.
Too much of the thyroid gland is not maintained when the Non-Thyroid Patterns causing hypothyroidism symptoms are not addressed.
Ignoring the Non-Thyroid Factors while taking Thyroid Drugs
Thyroid gland failure occurs when too much of the thyroid gland is damaged or destroyed by the Non-Thyroid Factors and the subsequent Immune response. Too much of it has been damaged or destroyed. Supporting the “normal” function of the thyroid gland will enhance the immune response towards the thyroid gland. It is futile to cause more damage while expecting thyroid gland improvement.
Thyroid Drugs and Supplements
TSH will be low as there is no signals from the Hypothalamus for its production. T3 and T4 numbers will be ambiguous and confusing. Support will continue for the restoration of thyroid gland with confusing results.
You are allowed to have multiple autoimmune conditions simultaneously. It is not a matter of which came first. Most Doctors will only offer to test for autoimmune conditions based on their specialty. This leads to multiple Doctor visits, multiple diagnoses, and multiple treatment plans putting you on a slippery slope with a downward spiral.
Until the immune system is brought under control, thyroid supplements and drugs are futile. You do not worry about what color you are painting the kitchen when the house is on fire.