First, I want you to understand, I screwed my health up by hormone replacement. I failed to ask the following questions:
- Does Testosterone stay as Testosterone in the body?
- Does Testosterone convert to downstream Estrogen?
- What does Estrogen do to a man’s body?
The above chart shows the hormones typically involved in men’s health. What about the rest of the hormones? Most Healthcare providers are overwhelmed by the complete hormone chart shown below. Do you see any difference between the two charts?
While at a Functional Endocrinology Seminar, I asked what Etiocholanolone was and what it did. The Functional Neurologist presenter said he did not know and because the primary developer and author of the course never wrote about it. It is not important to understand.Dr. Dave
Insulin Resistance Causes “Low T” in Men
While Insulin Resistance Causes “Low T” in Men. Insulin Resistance causes “High T” in women.
People with pre-diabetes or insulin resistance also can have low or normal blood sugars, if their high circulating insulin levels are further challenged by a prolonged period of fasting or dietary restriction. So it is never considered.
- Brain fogginess and inability to focus. Sometimes the fatigue is physical, but often it is mental.
- People with pre-diabetes or insulin resistance also can have low or normal blood sugars, if their high circulating insulin levels are further challenged by a prolonged period of fasting or dietary restriction.
- High blood sugar. Mild, brief periods of low blood sugar are normal during the day, especially if meals are not eaten on a regular schedule. But prolonged hyperglycemia with some of the symptoms listed here, especially physical and mental fatigue, are not normal.
- Red Blood Cell aggregation has been consistently associated with insulin resistance.
- Feeling agitated, jittery, moody, nauseated, or having a headache is common in Insulin Resistance, without immediate relief once food is eaten.
- Intestinal bloating. Most intestinal gas produced from dysbiosis.
- Insulin Resistance sufferers who eat carbohydrates suffer from gas, lots of it.
- Sleepiness. Many people with Insulin Resistance get sleepy immediately after eating a meal exceeding their Carbohydrate Tolerance.
- Fatigue after meals, craving sugar after meals, must have dessert:
- Cut back on carbs until you are no longer sleepy after meals and/or do not crave sugar after eating.
- Weight gain, fat storage, difficulty losing weight. The fat in IR is generally stored around the midsection in both males and females.
- Increased cholesterol and triglycerides.
- When triglycerides are equal to or greater than cholesterol suspect Diabetes.
- Increased blood pressure. It is a fact that most people with hypertension have too much insulin and are Insulin Resistant. It is often possible to show a direct relationship between the level of insulin and blood pressure: as insulin levels elevate, so does blood pressure.
- Depression. Because carbohydrates are a natural “downer,” depressing the brain, it is not uncommon to see many depressed persons who also have Insulin Resistance.
So, what does estrogen do in males? The most common symptoms of high estrogen in men include these eight:
- Sexual dysfunction (low libido, decreased morning erections, decreased erectile function)
- Enlarged breasts
- Lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Increased abdominal fat (can also be a symptom of low estrogen)
- Feeling tired
- Loss of muscle mass
- Emotional disturbances, especially depression
- Enhances Insulin Resistance and the associated symptoms
Insulin Resistance Cause Red Blood Cells to Stick Together.
When Red Blood Cells stick together. They shed their oxygen. They cannot make the turn into capillaries. Which even if they did, the Red Blood Cells are not carrying a full load of oxygen. Thus the symptoms below.
Symptoms of Red Blood Cell Aggregation
- Brain fogginess and inability to focus
- Nerve pain
- Cold hands and feet
- Numbness and tingling in arms and legs
- Muscle cramping